Saturday, May 14, 2005

Dreamy SCM Patterns Superheroes!

My SCM Patterns co-author and I received an honorable mention in the letters-to-the-editor section of The June 2005 issue of Software Development Magazine. The April issue had an article about the software development "dream team," giving nicknames and characteristics of these fictitious "software super heroes."

In this month's letters section is an letter from Curtis Yanko entitled "Team Member Missing" ... Curtis writes:
I just read 'The Dream Team' (Apr 2005), and while I found it informative and entertaining, I couldnt help but feel a little empty. I expected Software Development, of all magazines, to recognize the importance of the configuration manager. This superhero would mix Martin Fowler's appreciation of adapting the right amount of agility for any given team with Stephen Berczuk and Brad Appleton's understanding of SCM patterns. Automated builds and continuous integration are what will really allow this Dream Team to make super-human progress!
Many thanks Curtis!

No comments: