Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Art of Project Management

I just received a new O'Reilly&Associates book in the mail: The Art of Project Management, by Scott Berkun.

I didn't ask for it, O'Reilly just sent it to me. I perused it briefly. Judging from the table of contents, it looks promising and seems to focus on the reality of managing software projects. This is not a book about using MS-Project or PERT/GANNT charts or estimation. This book is about pragmatic project management realities rather than project management science or theory.

Looking through some of the text, I saw a few things I had some strong negative feelings about, and some other things that strongly resonated with me. So I'm not sure yet if I'll end up loving it or hating it, but I'll definitely have a lot to ponder and learn from it.

Scott also has a new blog
that looks pretty good, and has some excellent essays on leadership and teamwork.

No comments: