- Ten Commandments of Traceability
- Nine Complaints against Traceability
- Eight Reasons for Traceability
- The Seven Functions of SCM:
- The Six Facets of Traceability
- The Five Orders of Traceability
- The Four Rings of Stakeholder Visibility
- Three Driving Forces for Traceability
- Two Overarching Objectives: Transparency & Identification
- One Ultimate Mission: Fostering a Community of Trust
On a separate note ... I recently realized that the order/date on which I first author my blog-entries has been very different than the published date of the entry. I was saving them, but not publishing them.
Normally I may take a day or two to "clean-up" an entry (add the URLs, fix the formatting and fight with the WYSIWYG blog-composer) and publish them within a couple days of creating them. But we had a grave illness (and then death) in my family that consumed most of May for us, and I didnt realize until recently that my blog-entries for the last half of April and most of May hadnt been published yet.
So for that I must apologize. And I'll try to do better about publishing more regularly (ideally at least weekly).