Thursday, August 13, 2009

BOOK: Running an Agile Project

First, on a personal note, I had the misfortune to tear cartilage in my right knee a couple days ago and will require surgery to repair/remove it. I'm hobbling around on crutches for the time being. I hope I can still attend (and present at) Agile2009.

Anyway, my review of Mike Holcombe's book Running an Agile Software Development Project appears in this month's Agile Journal.

Running an Agile Software Development Project is an interesting book. On the surface it looks like it would be very academic, because the author, Mike Holcombe, was a University Professor at the time, and running an “agile software development factory” of students (albeit for a real commercial development shop). And yet what is described in the contents is very much the practical, real-world results of running agile projects with those same people for real IT software development work.

[...]

Overall, I found Running an Agile Software Development Project to be interesting and enjoyable. It still seems just a bit academic for my taste, and probably wouldn’t be the first book I would recommend on the subject unless it was for a classroom audience (in which case this book would be an excellent one to use).

You can read the full review here!

No comments: