Thursday, August 20, 2009

SOA, Mashups, Mashed Knees and Surgery

Today is my birthday - I had arthroscopic knee surgery last night and am feeling pretty good so far (happy birthday to me). I know I still have a lot of meds/painkillers in my system and that its going to feel more uncomfortable the next few days. I'm still hobbling around on crutches but I'm feeling much more confident that I can attend (and present at) Agile2009.

I received some very good books on Mashups and SOA a few months back and I'm finally getting a chance to look at them in some more detail. They really are quite good! I think Mashups are the "latest frontier" for realizing the promise of SOA, and a natural evolution from Wiki-webs. Here are the books:

If you follow the links above to the InformIT.com homepage for each of the above books, you'll find some good excerpts and related articles that will give a preview of what to expect so you can judge for yourself.

No comments: